Parenting As A Hero’s Journey calls upon the insights of Joseph Campbell’s Great Monomyth Wheel – the universal structure of storytellers – that helps us as individuals and communities to create and understand the personal and collective stories/mythologies we live by. As Campbell teaches us, we all makie daily and life choices through these personal mythologies, which serve as our lenses, or worldviews. Campbell believes it is our unique quest to discover these personal mythologies and then to retool them to our higher purposes. With parents, many of these mythologies are passed down unconsciously through family traditions and cultural conditioning. To become aware of our own mythologies and claim authorship of our own stories is the purpose of all forms of conscious parenting.
If you are a parent who is questioning cultural norms, feeling out of place in the world, or unsatisfied with your “identity” as a parent, you are hearing the ancient “Call To Adventure.” This Call has inspired heroines and heroes of ancient and modern mythology to leave their day to day lives in search of “Something Else Our Hearts Believe Is Possible.” Today, it is the parents who are answering this ancient call that are transforming themselves, and therefore the world. Below you will find a collection of this year’s conscious parenthood guides through the monomyth wheel above. Some of these Virtual Retreats are available ON DEMAND while others are LIVE. We welcome you to join our Fellowship of the Sling and find companions for your journey.
When You Called Upon Your Imagination to Create Your World?
You Still Can.
We “know” everything we need to know to nurture ourselves, our families, our communities and our Earth.
Perhaps what is needed now is not another study or scientific fact.
Perhaps what is needed is a willingness to follow a call to adventure, an adventure that promises to shift our awareness in a way that helps us to return to the wholeness of ourselves and remember…
- How to imagine.
- How to play.
- How to construct the whole-hearted adventure we want to experience.
- And how to be present so we don’t miss a single enchanted moment of our precious lives.
Join a Band of International Travelers and Your Wise Guides on an Adventure That Includes:
- Why Parenting Is A Hero’s Journey
- Meet Your Inner Child: Unmasking The Mythology Of The Modern, Uber Parent
- Surrendering to the Call: The Path of the Rested Parent
- The Quest for Wisdom: The Elixir of Innersight
- Mindful Parenting: The Spiritual Essence of Attachment
- Parenthood As A Rite Of Passage
- Claiming Authorship/Authority Of Your Own Story
- Transcendent Mentoring Of This And Future Generations
- The Dangers Of Refusing The Call: The Need for Madness And Unproductivity
- Dark Nights of the Soul: How Disintigration of the Old Realities Make Way for a Return to Yourself and Wholeness
Lysa Parker and Barbara Nicholson, Authors of Attached At The Heart and Founders of API – NOW ON DEMAND!!